Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Belated Welcome to 2013

Wow, it's January 3rd already! I have definitely dropped the ball on the reading and blogging resolutions. Not the best start. I'm here now though and that counts for something right? Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed your new year's celebrations and didn't start the year off with a massive hangover. 

I have to tell you, I've been reading everybody else's resolutions and they have inspired me. I love writing this blog, but I want to be better at it, so here are my resolutions (just a few days too late).

1. Update More Frequently 

You guys, I really want to keep to a regular posting schedule. I've been posting like three times a month at best recently and took a what? Two  month break? I enjoy blogging. I want to do it more often and not be super stressed out trying to squeeze a post in. I don't know if a schedule is right for me, so I'm going to leave it at posting more frequently for now and see where it takes me. 

2. Read More 

This one is kind of connected to resolution number one. I love reading, but when I get stressed out I never reach for a book. I'll spend hours mindlessly clicking on websites that I don't care about or remember, but I don't turn to my favourite book. I don't know why that is, but I always feel better after reading a book. I can't say the same thing about surfing the internet. And seriously. I have so many books to be read. Books for review, books that I bought. They are literally stacked up along my walls, covering every available surface. I need to fix that. 

3. Try Out New Genres

This is kind of a personal challenge for me. I'll find an author or genre and will read it until I run out of books to read. I have this obsession with historical fiction and I read pretty much nothing but. I need to open myself up to new reading experiences. I read a ton of so-called literature. Tons and tons and tons of historical fiction, but very little else. I don't remember being like this when I was younger, so I need to open myself up to new books and new authors. 

So that's it for my resolutions this year. I'm trying to not get caught up in the numbers game. I'll do what I can  and focus on small improvements. I wish you all a Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment